2007-2010 Jeep JK Tailgate Security Enclosure
- Simple 2-piece design with integrated mounting hardware does not require drilling on 2-door model (4-door model requires minor drilling)
- Storage enclosure is secured shut when the rear vehicle door is locked, creating a lockable trunk
- Provides over 7,000 cubic inches of lockable storage space (non-sub-woofer)
- Lid is weight bearing and provides storage on top
- Mounts in 2 and 4 door vehicles with OEM hard or soft top
- Mounts in vehicles with or without OEM sub-woofer
- Maintains use and function of the fold 'n tumble rear seat in 2-door model
- Lid can be easily removed without tools for transporting taller items
- Works with OEM storage cover or Tuffy Cubby Cover part #143
- Includes perimeter weather seal
- Instantly creates a lockable trunk and is the best rear storage enclosure on the market
- Durable powder coat finish
- 16 gauge steel construction
- Patent Rights Reserved
This tailgate security enclosure is a simple, two-piece design that creates a lockable storage trunk completely protected on all sides. It works in conjunction with the lockable vehicle tailgate to secure the trunk area created. The enclosure maintains the use and function of the rear seat in 2-door models.
Quickly and easily installs with standard hand tools in both 2 and 4 door Jeep models with an OEM hardtop or soft top. It will work in vehicles equipped with or without the sub-woofer and functions with the OEM storage cover or the Tuffy Cubby Cover part #143. The lid removes easily without the use of tools to allow for storage of large or tall items. Patent rights reserved.
On vehicles with power door locks, arming the security alarm automatically disables the power door lock switches and ensures the tailgate and Tuffy enclosure are secure, even on soft top models or with the top removed.
- Tight fit but nice
Quality Overall Value
Installation took more time than I expected and this is mostly due to the tight fit. The lid was especially bad around the roll bars, where you are supposed to apply small rubber bumpers so as not to scratch the paint. The lid is supposed to be removable, but it is so tight I wouldn't ever want to remove it.
Overall it is secure enough, but it could be a couple millimeters smaller and still be secure, and a lot easier to install! (Posted on 2/7/2013)